Thursday, December 26, 2013

The Art of Doing Nothing

I know people who spend Christmas day in their jammies watching movies and playing with the new toys.  We aren't those kind of people.

We bounce around Christmas Day from my family to Wendell's family to my grandma's.  It hit me most when my aunt leaned over to me at Grandma's and said, "How many Christmas' have you had today."

"Four," I answered.

I don't begrudge it at all.  But because of the busyness of the day yesterday, we're doing nothing today.  Sleeping in.  Reading books. Watching movies.  Playing with friends.  It can be anything.

The hardest thing about doing nothing is reminding myself not to check on my business accounts, email or do anything that furthers my business today.

This is good.  To unplug and relax.  Now for a nap and making some dinner.

Annika (7) Relaxing with her dolls. 

No comments: