Saturday, January 02, 2010

Keepin' It Real

Studies (that I haven't read nor can I properly attribute) say that if you make your goals public you're more likely to achieve them. We all know this isn't true. I mean in two days you're not even going to remember that you read this blog post let alone what I said. And even if you do remember you're not going to follow up with me. I know this because I'm may be reading your goals and I'm not about to follow up with you.

Still, it can't hurt and it might help so here goes. My goals for 2010 include the following:
1. Finish reading the Book of Mormon (again).
2. Read 8 novels to the kids. (I stole this goal from my friend Suzanne. Last year 4 of the books I read were books I read to the kids during the summer. So, surely I can double what I did last year, right? Plus Suzanne is going to read her kids 6 books and as long as I'm going to steal the idea I'd better beat it too. Cuz I'm like that. Real competitive.)
3. Go to the temple 10 times.
4. Obviously, I have weight loss goals, but this one I'm not sharing.
5. Work on my presentations to have 2-one hour workshops ready.
6. Finish Beck's baby book.
7. Organize the living room and my bedroom.
8. Keep up the good work with the exercise!

Just because I enjoyed it so much last year, I'm going to track three of these goals on my side bar.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Emma said...

So, I think posting your goals as well as progress will keep you going. That's why Ben and I are exercising together this time.

On a side note, your google add today asked me (in German!) if I have heart problems. Funny topic for an add, and great that I understood the question!