Sunday, October 21, 2007

Embarrassing Moment

I put my foot in my mouth on a regular basis. And I feel dumb after the fact, but I'm really not all that easily embarrassed. I was thinking the other day about what would my most embarrassing moment be...

I'll call this embarrassing moment #1, because I have so many to choose from.

When I was a freshman at BYU, I had a Biology 130 class. It was held at 2:00 in the afternoon in the JSB auditorium which held about 500 people. It was a hard class to get through, not just because the material was difficult, but because of late nights, this was nap time. I frequently dozed in class, but this day was different.

I fell asleep. Completely asleep. Dreaming.

With my head tipped back I started moaning in my sleep. I eventually moaned so loud that I woke myself up. I tried a series of yawns and jaw smacking to make it seem like I wanted to do that, but no one was buying it.

Not only were my friends in stitches, but people two rows up and two rows back were all laughing at me. Liz and Rachel and I all got a bad case of the giggles and snickered and snorted all the way through the rest of class. Good times.

2 comments:

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

Been there! I can just picture it. Those afternoon classes were always difficult!

Laurie said...

Ken's in Boise this week in a class and he called yesterday with almost the exact same story. Very Funny moments.